OT: Re: The worst error message in history belongs to... BIND9!

Conrad J. Sabatier conrads at cox.net
Thu May 31 22:24:28 UTC 2007

On Thu, 31 May 2007 12:02:26 -0400
"Bob Johnson" <fbsdlists at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/31/07, George <d1945 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> > Or how about favourite most useless man page entry:
> >
> > 	The notion of errors is ill defined.
> >
> > Come to think of it, that last one is almost poetic, isn't it?  In
> > a Zen sort of way.  Anyone recall which manpage it's from?
>
> grep says netstat(1).
>
> In the Bugs section, which seems like a good place for that
> information.
>
> - Bob

Not actually one of the "worst" error messages, per se, but one I found
most amusing the first time I saw it:

Running procmail's "mailstat" program without any arguments yields the
following:

Most people don't type their own logfiles;  but, what do I care?

:-)

--
Conrad J. Sabatier <conrads at cox.net>