cannot enable VESA_800x600 raster text mode

Harald Schmalzbauer h.schmalzbauer at omnisec.de
Thu May 31 18:09:33 UTC 2007

Am Donnerstag, 31. Mai 2007 schrieb Zhang Weiwu:
> Dear list
>
> I have been using raster text mode for years and I really like it. All I
> need to do is to put these options in kernel
>
> options VESA
> options SC_PIXEL_MODE
>
> For one box I have 'Rage 3D LT Pro AGP 133MHz (BGA-312 Package)' display,

This is an old problem because the VESA_800x600 Mode uses 4 bit color depth
which ATI doesn't support.
But maybe you can use vidcontrol MODE_261
Besides the ATI problem I can't use the SC_PIXEL_MODE any more in -current. I
think some time ago it has be broken when the higher resolution support has
been added.

-Harry