OT: Re: The worst error message in history belongs to... BIND9!

George d1945 at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 31 14:23:33 UTC 2007

On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 02:53:44PM +0200, Andrea Venturoli wrote:
> Robert Huff wrote:
> > =?iso-8859-1?Q?Kyrre_Nyg=E5rd?= writes:
> >
> > >  It has to be the worst written error message in history.
> >
> > 	Not even close.  I commend to you the Amiga's BSOD:
> >
> > 					  Software Guru
> > 					Meditation Number
> > 			   <very long string of hex digits>
>
> Well, there's always Windows' "Insufficient Memory", which usually means
> anything but memory being full :-)

To continue with the tortured construction ...

Favourite worst written error message in history:

    Keyboard not found. Press F1 to continue.

Or how about favourite most useless man page entry:

	The notion of errors is ill defined.

Come to think of it, that last one is almost poetic, isn't it?  In a Zen
sort of way.  Anyone recall which manpage it's from?

--
George
Still working on figuring what "PC Load Letter" means