6.2/i386 X/DRI issues

Rob r17fbsd at xxiii.com
Wed May 30 20:38:55 UTC 2007

Alex R wrote:
> This does not seem to be the case for me. As an experiment, I booted from a 7-CURRENT CD and installed it (May snapshot) and it was detected! But not in 6.2/i386. Its detected as AGP, though the machine has no AGP slot in it?!?!?

6.2-what?  You are probably running Release;  you don't have Stable unless you've updated source and re-compiled everything.  Stable is really a few steps ahead of release, with additional features and fixes, believed to be, uhh "stable" but not really recommended for production servers.  Stable it the next Release in the making.

  -RW