recreating directory structure

David Kelly dkelly at hiwaay.net
Tue May 29 20:17:49 UTC 2007

On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 04:04:22PM -0400, Robert Huff wrote:

> 	Some of the directories under /usr/src have gone missing.
> 	How do I re-create the directory structure?  I know mtree is
> involved, but have no idea which flags and what file to feed it.

Use your original installation CD to restore to its original contents.
Or use cvsup to automatically download the missing files and
directories. Would be easiest to use cvsup to bring your sources up to a
current release.

Same as one would do to restore /usr/src from CD, one can get a fresh
copy of the tarballs from one of the FreeBSD mirrors. For 6.2 download
all of:

/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/6.2-RELEASE/src

Then simply untar them into /usr/src.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly at HiWAAY.net