Installing CURRENT from STABLE

Daniel Molina Wegener dmw at unete.cl
Sat May 26 03:04:22 UTC 2007

Hello,

   I want to contribute with FreeBSD.

   I have installed STABLE on one disk, I use STABLE to work,
but I want to install CURRENT to begin with small contributions
with code.

   How can I install CURRENT from my STABLE installation, I mean
work on FreeBSD using the STABLE install and test the CURRENT
install on a diferent partition. Can I do that?

   I've tried to get working CURRENT, but I get compile errors.
On STABLE I have gcc 4.2 to compile CURRENT and a shell script
that does the next job:
-----------------------8<--------------------------------------
export MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX="/work/FreeBSD/obj"
export PREFIX="/work/FreeBSD"
export CC="/usr/local/bin/gcc42"
export CXX="/usr/local/bin/g++42"
export DESTDIR="/work/FreeBSD/build"
export TARGET="i386"
make $*

    I'm right?, or I need to know something more?

    Thanks...

Best Regards,
--
 .O. | Daniel Molina Wegener   | C/C++ Developer
 ..O | dmw [at] unete [dot] cl | FOSS Coding Adict