Nvidia 8800 GTS

Alexandre Vieira nullpt at gmail.com
Sat May 26 00:55:21 UTC 2007

On 5/26/07, Alexandre Vieira <nullpt at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/25/07, Derek Ragona <derek at computinginnovations.com> wrote:
> >
> >  At 01:16 PM 5/25/2007, Alexandre Vieira wrote:
> >
> > Hello folks,
> >
> > I've bought a Nvidia 8800GTS 320MB DDR and i'm trying to get it working
> > with
> > freebsd.
> >
> > I've installed Xorg 7.2 and the nvidia driver. The driver detects the
> > card
> > correctly and displays the card info correctly.
> >
> > When I launch Xorg with the nvidia driver I get a striped green screen
> > and
> > the machine freezes completely. I can't see any X logs because it
> > crashes
> > immediately.
> >

> > Sounds like you don't the right refresh settings for your monitor.
> > Double check the refresh rates you choose in configuring X and the
> > resolutions too.
> >
> >         -Derek
> >
> > --
> > dangerous content by *MailScanner* <http://www.mailscanner.info/>, and
> > is
> > believed to be clean.
> > MailScanner thanks transtec Computers <http://www.transtec.co.uk/> for
> > their support.
>

> Hi, thanks for the reply
>
> Is that reason to hard freeze the machine? I'll check the monitor manual
> and set manually the refresh settings for the monitor.
>
> Thanks
> Regards
>
> --
> Alexandre Vieira - nullpt at gmail.com

Hello,

I added the HorizSync and VertRefresh to the correct values present in the
monitor manual. Removed Glcore and dri and made sure glx is enabled. I also
tried to set NvAgp to 0 (just in case) and still the same result: green with
black strips screen + hard crash on the machine (keyboard locks don'tt
answer too).

Any more tips on this one?

Thanks!

Alexandre Vieira - nullpt at gmail.com