raid or not raid

kalin mintchev kalin at el.net
Fri May 25 09:26:17 UTC 2007

>> how come there is ad4s1b and ad4s1c when those names don't appear in the
>> fstab or df?
>
> Very often ad4s1b will be the swap and ad4s1c the full slice.
>
> That is not an absolute rule, but it is very much recommended (at
> least for ad4s1c) to keep it equivalent to the full slice.

but there is ad4s1 (without [a-g]) - isn;t that the full slice? or ad4s1
is more like ad4 (only one slice) - cause if you notice on the output i
sent in the previous message the kBps value is the same for ad4, ad4s1 and
ad4s1g which (to me) it basically says that only the g partition is being
accessed at that moment.

thanks...