amavisd-new spamcontroll problem

dhaneshk k dhaneshkk at hotmail.com
Fri May 25 06:50:01 UTC 2007

What is amavisd-new?

Amavisd-new is a high-performance interface between mailer (MTA) and content
checkers: virus scanners, and/or SpamAssassin. It is written in Perl for
maintainability, without paying a significant price for speed. It talks to
MTA via (E)SMTP or LMTP, or by using helper programs. Best with Postfix,
fine with dual-sendmail setup and Exim v4, works with sendmail/milter, or
with any MTA as a SMTP relay. The best thing in Amavisd-new is that it has
SpamAssassin integrated. In the case of Postfix you can only have one
additional transport method defined. If you used this method only for
anti-virus filtering with amavisd (or amavis-perl) you could implement
anti-spam filtering as "Simple content filtering" described in FILTER_README
file.

The best thing in Amavisd-new is that it has SpamAssassin integrated

please refer this URL
:http://ezine.daemonnews.org/200309/postfix-spamassassin.html