freebsd network fax server?

Anish Mistry amistry at am-productions.biz
Thu May 24 13:57:00 UTC 2007

On Thursday 24 May 2007, Dave wrote:
> Hello,
>     I was wondering if FreeBSD could relay or act as a network fax
> server? I've got a FreeBSD box that has a fax modem attached to it,
> and another machine that's a print server. I was wondering if say
> from a windows box i could submit a document to be printed but the
> printserver sends it cross-network to the fax box, which sends it?
> Is this doable? Thanks.
I've got a setup using HylaFAX.  It's not exactly what you mention
though.  What we have setup is that you can send and email to the fax
box with a postscript attachment and the email will act as the fax
coversheet and the attached document will the the rest of the fax.
You can setup filters with HylaFAX to do things like PDF->PS
conversion automatically.

--
Anish Mistry
amistry at am-productions.biz