Net/Force Install

magikman mailing.lists at dvterry.com
Wed May 23 15:06:01 UTC 2007

Hello,

      The co-host that i use to host my email, web and DNS doesn't offer
the option of using FreeBSD. This isn't really a problem per-se,  but i
would *really* rather use FreeBSD as it is what i am accustomed to and
most comfortable using.

So, off to my question. They offer a "rescuemode" where i can boot into
and have full access to the disks. Do you think it would be possible to
maybe create an image of an existing BSD install with the same disk
makeup, etc. and dd it to the remote disk? Have any of you ever
attempted this before? The procedure that i was planning to use involved
using dd to pipe the image over a netcat connection.

Thanks!