Alternative keyboard layouts not working with xorg7.2

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Wed May 23 12:23:09 UTC 2007

On Wed, 23 May 2007 03:04:07 -0700 (PDT)
Nick Jagger <nckjagger at yahoo.com> wrote:

> [...]

:(

do you have alternative layouts in your xkb / xorg config?

does alt work for other tasks, like Alt-Tab? (it does for me if I remove the
different keyboard layouts).

FWIW, i just remembered than when I just upgraded to xorg7.2, i had to
reconfigure xfce to allow me to drag windows using the alt key... it used to be
called 'alt' before, now it works when I set the option in xfce to Mod4

(which is interesting, because xbindkeys has always seen my left alt as mod4,
even before 7.2)

i'll have a play with this when i can...
{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"So limp of brain that for them to conceive an idea is to risk a haemorrhage.
So limp of body that their purple dresses appear no more a dixative of housing
nerves and sinews than when they hang suspended from their hooks" Mervin Peake,
"Gormenghast", chap. 2, on the Earl's twin sisters

Warned.