PPPoE equivalent?

Brian Walker bfwalker at gmail.com
Mon May 21 03:19:54 UTC 2007

Greetings all,

I regularly find my computer is bumped off the net - on the Windows OS I see
a regular notification of re-connection. On My linux box I need to 'sudo
pppoeconf' to reconnect. The FreeBSD handbook deals rather scantily with
PPPoE, and I can find nothing much on googling. Any ideas how best to a)
prevent being kicked off and b) reconnecting. At the moment I simply do
'sudo ppp -ddial internet' to be reassigned and all works well ... for a
while. The best response is to leave FreeBSD and  connect on re-entry into
the OS. There has to be a better way.

Brian