Xorg 7.2.0 Release

Erik Norgaard norgaard at locolomo.org
Sat May 19 20:55:02 UTC 2007

Joseph Marah wrote:
> Does anyone know if this is available for FreeBSD as a port?  Thanks.

I have just received a message on the ports list that xorg 7.2 has been
merged into the ports tree:

"As you may already know, the X11 team has been working hard for the
past few months to upgrade X.org ports to 7.2. After a couple of weeks
of testing, we've finally committed this upgrade. We also decided to
make the PREFIX merge at the same time (moving X11BASE into LOCALBASE),
which explains why there are thousands of ports affected by this commit."

In other words, if you upgrade you need to rebuild most of your system,
see UPDATING.

Cheers, Erik

--
Ph: +34.666334818                      web: http://www.locolomo.org