Hyperthreading Issues

Dantavious derrick at uniquestrength.net
Sat May 19 16:29:39 UTC 2007

	Hi.
It seems to me (From the limited knowledge that I have!) that my machine is
not hyperthreading. I have done the following.

1. Ensured that the capability is enabled in the BIOS.

2.  FreeBSD recongizes the capaiblity
CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz (1866.74-MHz 686-class CPU)
  Origin = "GenuineIntel"  Id = 0xf29  Stepping = 9
Features=0xbfebfbff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CLFLUSH,DTS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE>
  Features2=0x4400<CNTX-ID,<b14>>
 Logical CPUs per core: 2
real memory  = 1073676288 (1023 MB)
avail memory = 1033097216 (985 MB)
ACPI APIC Table: <IntelR AWRDACPI>
FreeBSD/SMP: Multiprocessor System Detected: 2 CPUs
 cpu0 (BSP): APIC ID:  0
 cpu1 (AP): APIC ID:  1

3. The kernel is built for SMP

# SMP -- Generic kernel configuration file for FreeBSD/i386 SMP
#        Use this for multi-processor machines
#
# $FreeBSD: src/sys/i386/conf/SMP,v 1.5.6.1 2005/09/18 03:37:58 scottl Exp $

include GENERIC1

ident           SMP-CUSTOM

# To make an SMP kernel, the next line is needed
options         SMP                     # Symmetric MultiProcessor Kernel
device          atapicam

4. In the past top would show the 2 different logical CPUs working however,
this is not the case anymore.

Can anyone help we with this issue. I am using 6.2 release.
Thanks in advance.
Derrick