Stable many-port SATA controller recommendations

Peter Schuller peter.schuller at infidyne.com
Wed May 16 20:20:17 UTC 2007

> I'm definitely interested in hearing your results.

Still looking encouraging with 7 drives plugged in. I have had a couple
of issues that may or may not have anything to do with the controller
support. I will send an update in a few days or so when I know more.

> Also, what is the
> model of the drives you're using with this card?

6 Seagate ST3320620AS (320 GB, SATA I) drives and one Maxtor 7V250F0
(250 GB, SATA II).

Note that it is a PCI-X card. It works fine in the plain PCI slot on
this motherboard, and the place I bought it from said they had tested it
in at least one PCI motherboard.

By your name you may be in Sweden; so FYI I purchased these cards from
Mullet (www.mullet.se). They're the only supplier I have found that
carries this locally. It's a shame really since it's such a good card
given the price.

--
/ Peter Schuller

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller at infidyne.com>'