Piping across machines? - a suggestion

Nino Ivanov niivanov at gmx.net
Wed May 16 15:07:01 UTC 2007

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am still a newbie in some respects, so maybe this idea is a moot point
or done already, but in case it is not, I'd like to suggest it:

One nice thing about unix is this piping, like programX | programY |
programZ...

Well, I just thought: Wouldn't it be interesting if this were possible -
in the same simplicity - over several machines as well? Like, something
similar to: machine1:programX | machine2:programY | machine3:programZ...
Machines could be identified by a name or an IP-Address.

Just a thought...

Kind regards,

Nino Ivanov