Anyone could make Epson Stylus cx4700 work?

Anton Galitch anton.galitch at gmail.com
Tue May 15 21:25:42 UTC 2007

Well, I did this and now the permissions look like this:

-r-xr-sr-x  1 root  usb  72504 May 15 13:01 escputil

and if I execute the program being in my user it tells permission denied.

Another problem is that when I executed it in root, it showed

#escputil -iur /dev/ulpt0

Cannot open /dev/ulpt0 read/write: Device busy

There is no printing job, and in the control panel in kde I can see that
printers state is Idle (accepting jobs).