ATI Radeon 9600xt (256MB DDR) on FreeBSD 6.2 ; SOLVED NOW

dharam paul exiaf_radar_guy38 at yahoo.co.in
Tue May 15 09:40:21 UTC 2007

Sir,
Now I have used ATI Radeon driver but the screen was
still 'diagonally shifted' wherein at the bottom and
at the left of the screen there was blank space.

I am using FreeBSD 6.2. I also added
    device		drm
    device		radeondrm
in my Kernel. But it did not make any difference to
the display.

The solution was achieved accidentally when I changed
the settings during performing settings after passing
'xorgconf' command, I selected No. 6 when the program
asked for the Horizontal Refresh Rate of the monitor.
Earlier I was using 30-70 KHz.

Now the screen in Video mode is OK.

I very sincerely thank all Gurus who helped me resolve
the issue.

FreeBSD is a wonderful OS. When I logged as another
user and tried to enter into GUI mode, I realised that
for this user also I have to do the setting so that
xinitrc knows which GUI to use. I tried Gnome for this
user. It is a wonderful OS, I can assign different GUI
environments to different users!

Regards