startup scripts not working

Apatewna apatewna at yahoo.gr
Mon May 14 14:45:39 UTC 2007

O/H Howard Goldstein έγραψε:

>> None of the scripts work, they show the same behavior,
>> and i ran them as root.
>
> I don't have any of those installed but most of the local rc.d scripts
> need an enable flag in /etc/rc.conf . Take a look at your rc.d scripts
> and see if they need them to.  You can also run these with -x to see
> what's happening (eg.,  sh -x /usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache22 start)

Since the original question has been answered I'll just add a little
more detail.

Whenever you install some software that has a run script in
/usr/local/etc/rc.d, there is an easy way to figure out which parameters
need to be enabled in /etc/rc.conf. Just run the script with the "rcvar"
parameter. (eg /usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache22 rcvar)

The same applies for system services (sshd, inetd) that have their start
scripts in /etc/rc.d

--
RTFM and STFW before anything bad happens