temp

WizLayer wizlayer at gmail.com
Sat May 12 04:26:33 UTC 2007

On Friday 11 May 2007 10:36:27 pm you wrote:
> hrm, thanks.   It gives me voltage, but doesn't report any of the
> temperatures.
>
> Under windows there are at least 6 different temp monitors I can
> watch.  This only reports 255.0, 0, 0
>
> I've tried both chipset options.  It's a Tyan dual AMD MP board.
>
> On 5/11/07, WizLayer <wizlayer at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Friday 11 May 2007 06:12:26 pm Jack Barnett wrote:
> > > Is there any program that'll monitor the temperate of my motherboard?
> > >
> > > There are some windows program that'll give me status on my fans, CPU
> > > temps, motherboard temps, etc - is there anything like that in the
> > > ports collection?
> > >
> > > (basically I think my CPUs are overheating in one server)
> >
> > meaning something like /sysutils/healthd ?
> >
> > --
> >

> > Life is better with a BSD.
> > For more info, www.bsd.org.

Then check to see if they have drivers or are willing to share their specs
with the open source communities so that we can build their drivers for
them...  Don't know what else to tell you.  If they're not helping the
developers help them, then they're stuck in the mud without support.  That's
their fault.  Call them and complain.

BTW...  I get the same thing because likewise, this vendor is just as
irresponsible.  Oh well...  I won't buy from them again because sometimes
stupid just can't be fixed.

Sorry couldn't be of more help other than to tell you that it sounds like we
have WinMobos (ie not worth the card the circuitry is printed on)

WizLayer

--

Life is better with a BSD.
For more info, www.bsd.org.