ppp & dhcp

Mulga mulga at flinders.homeunix.org
Fri May 11 22:53:15 UTC 2007

Hi,
I have a very brain dead and full of them self ISP who insist on having a misconfigured dhcp server.

One essential peice of infomation is missing from the ppp transaction "HISADDR" the GW .

As ppp handles the dhcp side of things internally, would anyone like to suggest a way of getting the server to reveal its address.

To date I have tried running dhclient after the linkup, telling the ISP he had a small inconsistancy, and got a ear full of abuse for that.

As this provider "Telstra AU" is the only provider of this service I can't change. So I need to work around there problem.

Regards John