Problem updating Freebsd ver 6.2

Simon Castillo smcas_m at yahoo.com.mx
Fri May 11 16:23:12 UTC 2007

Hi Gerard:

I tried your suggestion and I still have the same result.  It updated couple more files, but the error (missing library) is still there.

Any other suggestion?

Thanks in advance

Simon

Gerard Seibert <gerard at seibercom.net> escribió: On Fri, 11 May 2007 01:45:47 -0500
WizLayer  wrote:

> I could be wrong as I haven't used portmanager in a while (and that
> was only a short time)...  I believe that by default, portmanager
> doesn't update dependencies more than a depth of 1 (maybe two?)
> unless you use the -p flag. Then it updates dependencies all the way
> back?  A quick 'man portmanager' should verify this as I don't have
> it installed anymore.

Yes, update your ports tree and then run:

 portmanager -u -l -p

You can substitute the 'f' flag for the 'p' one if you want to redo the
system.

--
Gerard

Fortune favors the lucky.