font problems in firefox, thunderbird,.. gtk?

Jan Zach zach at centrum.cz
Mon May 7 21:58:41 UTC 2007

screenshots available at

http://ezach.cz/bsd/proper.tiff
http://ezach.cz/bsd/blurred.tiff
http://ezach.cz/bsd/with_fonts.conf.tiff

jan

> Od: xfb52 at dial.pipex.com
> Komu: Jan Zach <zach at centrum.cz>
> CC: freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
> Datum: 07.05.2007 11:29
> Předmět: Re: font problems in firefox, thunderbird,.. gtk?
>
>Jan Zach wrote:
>
>>Yes, I have read this. And also used. I cannot remember why I disabled
it after the problems began. The ~/.fonts.conf is attached. It evidently
affects the fonts in the sense that they are not blurred now but still
I'm getting different fonts on every start - for instance, sometimes I'm
getting fonts without diacritics, in all cases they differ from usual
firefox/thunderbird default fonts.
>>Unfortunately I'm not able to send a screenshot as xgrab results in a
core dump and on a picture from camera it cannot be seen :-(
>>  >
>If you have it installed, gimp will take screenshots.
File/Acquire/Screen shot.

>--Alex
>
>PS I once go font weirdness after upgrading nvidia-driver to some new-ish
version.  I don't know that I got different fonts every time, but I got
different fonts (or something that looked like it) from the previous
version of nvidia-driver.  In the end, I just downgraded to 1.0.8178_1
since the new version also had hideous interrupt problems which locked my
machine.  This may be *completely unrelated* to your problem!