Peak SOHO wired network camera.

mal content artifact.one at googlemail.com
Mon May 7 18:54:32 UTC 2007

Hello.

I'm thinking of buying a few of these cameras for security
reasons and I'd like to know if anybody has them working
under FreeBSD. I'm after the wired model, not the wireless
model.

http://www.peakhardware.com/products/productdetail.asp?Id=32&A=3&B=15&C=45

I'm told that the included software for viewing multiple cameras
is Windows-only, and the web interface uses a Java applet
and therefore "would work on Linux".

Ideally if, the camera streams video over standard HTTP instead
of some proprietary protocol, I'll throw away all the included
software and just write a basic viewer.

Anybody got any opinions on the cameras?
MC