Security Patches using freebsd-update(8)

Guido Demmenie rottweilertje at rottnic.nl
Mon May 7 10:26:05 UTC 2007

I'm really glad the FreeBSD team brought freebsd-update(8) in the
base system. Now I can do my security patches with much less hassle.
But i have one question about this great tool.

When do I have to reboot?

I know that most of the time you just restart a daemon and your
finished. But with the security patches I'm not sure when it is a
kernel module or just a daemon that I updated, so even if it is a
daemon I don't know which one to restart.

I cannot find any information on the web about this. So can anyone
tell me how I can figure out if I have to reboot my machine.

Thanks in advance,
Guido Demmenie
http://www.rottnic.nl