Ports forbids me to install compat3x-i386

Frank Staals frankstaals at gmx.net
Sun May 6 16:23:17 UTC 2007

Stevan Tiefert wrote:
> Am Sonntag, den 06.05.2007, 13:49 +0200 schrieb Stevan Tiefert:
>
>> Hello list,
>>
>> I need to install the port misc/compat3x-i386 as a dependency for the
>> port audio/mbrola. The port misc/compat3x-i386 is marked as IGNORE and
>> it returns an error after "portinstall compat3x-i386":
>>
>> vagabund# portinstall compat3x-i386
>> ** Port marked as IGNORE: misc/compat3x:
>>         is forbidden: "FreeBSD-SA-03:05.xdr, FreeBSD-SA-03:08.realpath
>> - not fixed / no lib available"
>> vagabund#
>>
>> With regards
>> Stevan Tiefert
>>

> Excuse me all, I ' ve forgot the question:
>
> How can I install the port compat3x-i386?

Most probably the answer would be "you can't". It isn't marked IGNORE
for no reason ;) Take a look at audio/linux-mbrola if you want mbrola
though, that way you'll avoid the compat3x problem ( you will need linux
compatiblity enabled in return though ( but I guess that isn't much of a
problem ))

--
-Frank Staals