RSA SecurID Pam Module Support?

David Robillard david.robillard at gmail.com
Fri May 4 14:15:40 UTC 2007

> We have recently purchased an RSA SecurID Appliance and there are no
> native libraries for *BSD OS's.  I have downloaded and installed the
> appropriate files within the Linux Compat environment, but I'm not
> having any success making it work.  Specifically, the key file in
> question is /compat/linux/lib/pam_securid.so.  When I add the
> appropriate configuration line to /etc/pam.d/sshd and attempt to log in
> I get the following:
>
> May  3 09:43:01 ad-mon01 sshd[30508]: in openpam_load_module(): no
> /compat/linux/lib/pam_securid.so found
> May  3 09:43:01 ad-mon01 sshd[30508]: fatal: PAM: initialisation failed
>
> Of course, the file actually does exist.
>
> -rwxr-xr-x  1 1047  900  895304 May  2 11:13
> /compat/linux/lib/pam_securid.so
>
> Has anyone had any success getting this .so to work under FreeBSD,
> specifically 6.2 Release?

Hi Michael,

We're also running some RSA SecurID Appliances. Since we need the
support from RSA and that FreeBSD is not listed in their supported OS
matrix, we decided to use RedHat for the front-end HTTP servers to run
their module. All the rest of our business application that requires
RSA authentication is running under FreeBSD.

IMHO you should only use an RSA supported OS to run their module.
Because otherwise you won't receive any help from them if they know
you're running this under FreeBSD. Sad, but unfortunately true.

Good luck,

David
--
David Robillard