Belkin N1 pccard driver/setup on 6.2.stable

WizLayer wizlayer at gmail.com
Fri May 4 06:54:41 UTC 2007

Greets,

I've recently installed 6.2 Stable on a Compaq Evo N610c, and am running into
some brick walls.  Was wondering if anyone is sucessfully using a Belkin N1
wireless card (native BSD driver or ndis, doesn't matter to me so long as it
works).

Here is the relevant dmesg as pertains to card:
<snip>
cardbus0: Expecting link target, got 0xe0
cardbus0: Resource not specified in CIS: id=10, size=10000
cardbus0: Resource not specified in CIS: id=14, size=10000
cardbus0: <network, ethernet> at device 0.0 (no driver attached)
<snip>

With the ndis-generated driver loaded, I get the following:
<snip>
ndis0: <Belkin N1 Wireless Notebook Card> mem
0x88000000-0x8800ffff,0x88010000-0x8801ffff irq 11 at device 0.0 on cardbus0
ndis0: NDIS API version: 5.0
NDIS: open file /compat/ndis/cb8350.bin failed: 2
ndis0: Ethernet address: <my MAC addy>
<snip>

So the error is there, but ifconfig shows the card:

# ifconfig ndis0
ndis0: flags=8802<BROADCAST,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
        ether <my MAC addy>
        media: IEEE 802.11 Wireless Ethernet autoselect
        status: no carrier
        ssid "" channel 1
        authmode OPEN privacy OFF txpowmax 100 bmiss 7 protmode CTS

But when I,

# ifconfig ndis0 up scan
ifconfig: unable to get scan results

even though the lights on the card light up.

If anyone has resolved this (or knows what I'm doing wrong), please confer.

WizLayer