portupgrade forget package options

Matt Grimes mgtour at gmail.com
Fri May 4 00:07:06 UTC 2007

Just a follow up.  The most sensible solution to me is, to append the
option "--batch" to portupgrade in the cron job.  Then in cron job
portupgrade will not bug me any more.

On 11/6/06, Josh Carroll <josh.carroll at psualum.com
>* > Today I found the CPU is drained up by 5 instances of
*>* > "script" and "dialog", because everyday when portupgrade updates
*>* > python, it tried to display a menu in text mode and ask for a few
*>* > options (such as whether python should support IPv6 etc), which of
*>* > course hangs in cron job.
*>*
*>* Some ports have a config make target which will save options. For
*>* ports that do not, you can use pkgtools.conf and set MAKE_ARGS for
*>* that port.
*>*
*>* It may be that a port was modified to support the config target, but
*>* you have not yet run make config for it. It should remember the
*>* options after you make config and select the options you want
*>* included/excluded.
*>*
*>* Josh
*>* _______________________________________________
*>* freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
list
*>* http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-questions
*>* To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-questions-unsubscribe at
freebsd.org <http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-questions>"
*>*
*also,

settting
 BATCH=YES
in /etc/make.conf

helps in getting around these dialogs -- however, UPDATING is your
friend when something goes amiss.

-Jeff