How to find HorizSync / VertRefresh rates?

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at des.no
Wed May 2 16:42:23 UTC 2007

"Victor Engmark" <victor.engmark at gmail.com> writes:
> I'm trying to create a pristine xorg.conf, but I've been unable to
> find proper values for HorizSync and VertRefresh for my Dell Latitude
> D610.

These parameters are meaningless for an LCD panel.  Leave them out,
and X.org will DTRT.  The wrong values will *not* fry your panel.

If you're having trouble getting the correct resolution to work, you
probably just need to run 915resolution to patch the BIOS so X.org
will detect the correct mode.

The best way to create "a pristine xorg.conf", by the way, is to run
'X -configure' (after running 915resolution, if applicable).

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no