(no subject)

Ian Smith smithi at nimnet.asn.au
Tue May 1 13:19:55 UTC 2007

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 19:42:49 +0200 (CEST) Wojciech Puchar <wojtek at tensor.gdynia.pl> reckoned:

 > why ehci isn't detected on IBM T23 laptop

The T23 doesn't have / do USB 2.0

 > possibly
 >
 > pci2: <simple comms> at device 2.0 (no driver attached)
 >
 > is the undetected ehci

No it's not, but I don't know what it is either; mine has that in dmesg
also, and my dmesg for uhci / usb ports 0-2 appears identical to yours.

 > i have compiled ehci in kernel

It's in GENERIC anyway.  If the T23 had USB2 ports, ehci would use 'em.

You can use a USB2 pccard if you need to, check the compatibility list.

===

Re your prior ACPI message: make sure you've applied the latest BIOS and
EC updates for the T23 model you have first; if you're still seeing ACPI
errors/warnings after that, maybe post them to the mobile or acpi list.
Searching the archives of either list for T23 should provide some clues.

My T23's BIOS and EC aren't up to date, I get a subset of your list of
ACPI messages (apparently harmlessly) but nothing like as many as you.

Adding acpi_ibm_load="YES" to /boot/loader.conf is a good start.

Cheers, Ian