Ports maintainer or adopting a port

Beech Rintoul beech at alaskaparadise.com
Sat Mar 31 08:01:58 UTC 2007

On Friday 30 March 2007, Beech Rintoul said:
> On Friday 30 March 2007, Kimi Ostro said:
> > Hello list
> >
> > Not sure if this is appropriate for this list, basically I am
> > looking to hear from past, current and future ports maintainers:
> >
> > is it fun? what are the requirements? (besides time) what does it
> > mean to you? do you recommend it? best way to get started? what
> > do I need to know about FreeBSD & Ports?

> mailing list.
>
> Next you should read the Porter's Handbook and become very familiar
> with it. Just about everything you need to know is in there.
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/i
>ndex.html
>
> > I am looking at adopting a port or two and looking to gain more
> > insight, maybe someone that can do projects page for ports? which
> > holds a list of unmaintained ports??

I forgot to mention you can go to http://www.freshports.org and do a
search on maintainer ports at freebsd.org. That will list all 4283 of
the unmaintained ports. Take your pick and go for it. :-)

Beech Rintoul - Port Maintainer - beech at alaskaparadise.com
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | FreeBSD Since 4.x
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail   | http://www.freebsd.org
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Latest Release:
/ \  - http://www.freebsd.org/releases/6.2R/announce.html