ping

Michael Grant mg-fbsd3 at grant.org
Thu Mar 29 17:29:11 UTC 2007

A while ago I installed 6.1 on a box.  I noticed that I cannot ping
this box even though I can log into it.  The pings are arriving at the
box because I can see them with tcp dump.  They're not being blocked
by ipf because nothing shows up in ipmon.  I added rules specifically
to allow icmp in ipfw, even though ipfw was wide open allowing
everything in and out.  My box still does not respond to pings.  Is
there something I need to do to manually enable pings on freebsd 6?

Michael Grant