Install with modified kernel?

jekillen jekillen at prodigy.net
Thu Mar 29 03:42:06 UTC 2007

Hello again:
It is only fair to post this addenda to the message thread with
this subject:
 From various suggestions from list responses, UUASC and I
seem to remember one from this list also, that the problem
could be consecutive addresses on the same subnet is
what is causing the problem.
I was asked by message from UUASC (Unix Users Association Of Southern
California)
to try changing the address. So I change it to (just for the sake of
difference)
172.1.1.1 with netmask of 225.225.225.0 and I WAS able to ping the
inter face
successfully.
was
nfe0 192.168.1.16 (could ping)
nfe1 192.168.1.17 (could not ping)
nfe1 changed to 172.1.1.1 (now returns ping request)
so that does seem to make a difference. I do not know
why. But it looks like I will be able to go ahead and assign
it the public ip address and it should work.
Thanks
Jeff K