Time changed back to old daylight savings

Don O'Neil lists at lizardhill.com
Wed Mar 28 18:51:20 UTC 2007

I don't have the port tree installed, so you are correct that I did not
update them first... I installed JUST the zoneinfo port, which according to:

http://www.freebsd.org/releng/dst_info.html

"the misc/zoneinfo port can be installed to update the /usr/share/zoneinfo
files, followed by running tzsetup(8) to update /etc/localtime"

So why wouldn't installing this port fix the problem like advertised? I
shouldn't even have the problem to begin with... When the time change
happened a few weeks ago my system updated correctly, but since then I've
built a new kernel (the only thing I've done) and now it's not right.