iwi-firmware port

Timothy Radigan tradigan at newrevolutions.net
Wed Mar 28 16:39:28 UTC 2007

Hey all,

I installed the iwi-firmware and iwi-firmware-kmod ports and I am now

trying to load specific firmware on the iwi adapter but it keeps failing.

The port installs fine and puts the firmware to /boot/firmware.  The docs

for iwicontrol state to load firmware for a specific function issue a:

iwicontrol -i iwi0 -d /boot/firmware -m bss

Every time I issue that command I get an error saying it cannot load

firmware: Invalid argument.

The system is FreeBSD 6.2 with an Intel PRO Wireless 2200BG adapter.  I

have the most up to date stable source and ports tree.

I also tried the ipw-firmware port but that did not pick up my adapter

when I loaded the kernel module.

Any ideas?