hi

Kevin Kinsey kdk at daleco.biz
Wed Mar 28 15:59:53 UTC 2007

Jerry McAllister wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 09:39:10PM -0400, Drew White wrote:
>
>> Hi Jerry, installed the system. Now getting a terrible message video input
>> 'out of range' on both my monitors... one showsup partially distorted and
>> the other not at all
>> . It worked find on the friends monitor who installed it for me, so i guess
>> its a difference in the monitor and nothe computer .
>>
>> Can you tell me how to get 'in range'? This is weird! Both normal monitors,
>> out of the box!

There is no such thing as a "normal" monitor.  There are just "monitors".

Unless the two are the same make/model, you can't expect the configuration
set up for Monitor "A" to work on Monitor "B"; which is why you have this
problem.  Ok, well, technically you could expect it to, but I'd predict
disappointment about 50% of the time....

See the Handbook, Chapter 5, and specifically 5.4, "X11 Configuration".
If you can't use a "X"-enabled browser to do this, drop to console and
try "lynx" (/usr/ports/www/lynx) from the command line.

HTH,

Kevin Kinsey
--
We're happy little Vegemites,