the art of pkgdb -F

Jeffrey Goldberg jeffrey at goldmark.org
Wed Mar 28 03:43:44 UTC 2007

On Mar 27, 2007, at 8:34 PM, Josh Carroll wrote:

>> Stale dependency: p5-Authen-SASL-2.09 -> p5-GSSAPI-0.24 (security/
>> p5-GSSAPI):
>> p5-Geography-Countries-1.4 (score:26%) ? ([y]es/[n]o/[a]ll) [no]
>
> Well this one is pretty obvious. Look at what the stale dependency is,
> and what it's suggesting? :)

To me it is entirely unclear.  First of all, I don't know what "stale
dependency" is supposed to mean.  Second, I don't know what "score"
means, and finally, I don't know what the question is that I'm to
answer yes, no or all to.

So I've just taken to running with -Fa and hope for the best (and so
far everything has worked).

If the answers to these questions are in the man page for pkgdb, I
apologize, but I haven't found them there.

Cheers,

-j