Dual Logic with Qlogic card

Josef Grosch jgrosch at juniper.net
Mon Mar 26 21:33:13 UTC 2007

On Mon, Mar 26, 2007 at 10:38:52PM +0200, Wilko Bulte wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 26, 2007 at 01:06:03PM -0700, Josef Grosch wrote..
> >
> > I have a Qlogic HBA card (QLA2342) in a machine running FreeBSD
> > 6.2. FreeBSD sees the card and when the HBA is attached to a SAN we are
> > able to see the disk space. The thing we can't seem to get working is a
> > dual path to the same space. Can anyone point me in the correct direction
> > to get this working?
>
> You might want to check geom_fox(4).  Note the disclaimer about "light
> testing" ;^)  What FC array do you have btw?

We are going to be testing with a Netapp 3050 running Ontap 7.04. Our plan
is to got to new Netapp 6030 / Ontap 7.2.1.1. This hooks up throught a
Brocade switch. My first test were with a Hitachi something or another.

I'll have a look at geom_fox.

Josef

--
FreeBSD 6.2         | Supreme executive power derives from a mandate
Josef Grosch        | from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic