Real-time File Replication ... or close to it ...

Ivan Voras ivoras at fer.hr
Sun Mar 25 22:00:15 UTC 2007

Marc G. Fournier wrote:

>>> Does anyone know of any work being done with FreeBSD to do the above?  I know
>>> about ggate/gmirror, but that is at the file system / kernel level ... I'd
>>> like to do something at the userland level, or something that combines the
>>> two ...
>> I have TDFS (http://tdfs.sourceforge.net/) and a Google SoC proposal for
>> either/both TDFS and a kernel-level module.
>
> This looks *most* cool ... but, seems to have stalled around Jan 13th, '06 ... ?

Yes :( I got a new job somehere around that time and couldn't find free
time to work on it. If I get the SoC project (or another sponsor - I'm
open to proposals), I'll go ahead and finish it properly.

For now, it mostly works, the TODO list includes recovery when the
connection breaks, initial synchronization, more robust operation and
possibly some optimizations here and there. If you want to test it, go
ahead - it (probably) won't do any harm to your data.