portupgrade -rf gettext problems

Keith Beattie ksbeattie at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 18:39:38 UTC 2007

On 3/22/07, Dino Vliet <dino_vliet at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I saw this in usr/ports/UPDATING:
>
> 20070318:
>   AFFECTS: users of devel/gettext (ie: YOU)
>   AUTHOR: ade at FreeBSD.org
>
>   As a result of the upgrade to gettext-0.16.1, the shared library version
>   of libintl has changed, so you will need to rebuild all ports that
>   depend on gettext (ie: most of them, sorry).
>
>   portupgrade -rf gettext
>

> When I issued this last command, portupgrade -rf gettext I get this
> result:
>
> --->  Packages processed: 182 done, 0 ignored, 79 skipped and 7 failed
> ** Could not clean up temporary directory: Directory not empty -
> /var/tmp/portupgradeRtIfghsG
>
> So, what to do next? Should I continue this command until all packages are
> processed and none of them skipped and failed? Or can I continue upgrading
> all my ports as from now?

Rather than having it rebuild again the 182 that did succeed, as the above
command would do, I used:
  portupgrade -rf gettext -x '>=gettext'
to have it pick up where it left off in all the gettext rebuilding.  To see
what that list would be (and in the order they'd be rebuilt), I used:
  pkg_glob -r gettext -x '>=gettext' | pkg_sort

ksb