Remove FreeBSD Boot Manager

Jerry McAllister jerrymc at msu.edu
Sun Mar 25 12:48:35 UTC 2007

On Sat, Mar 24, 2007 at 06:06:51PM -0700, Jim Priovolos wrote:

> How can I remove the FreeBSD boot manager?
>
> My disk is full with an NTFS partition or slice and there was only room
> for 7 meg of anything else. The only thing that is installed now is the
> boot manager that asks if I want to start in Windows or BSD. I'd like to
> get rid of that until I can figure out how to shrink the partition.

You need some sort of boot manager.   You can figure out how to write
the MS one back there or just leave the FreeBSD MBR there or find
another favorite one to put there.    The only problem with the
FreeBSD MBR is that it displays ??? for bootable NTFS file systems
rather than something that looks like NTFS or Win-XP, or whatever.

////jerry