IRQ storm

Vlad GURDIGA gurdiga at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 08:01:32 UTC 2007

On 25/03/07, Josh Carroll <josh.carroll at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I've changed motherboard recently (now it is Intel DP965LT) and now I
> > have my PC slowed down considerably. vmstat -i shows a huge amount of
> > interrupts on irq17: atapci0:
>
> Do you have atapicam enabled or being loaded as a module?

No, I do not have atapicam enabled. Here is my kldstat output:

Id Refs Address    Size     Name
 1   14 0xc0400000 3703a4   kernel
 2    1 0xc0771000 6ea8     linprocfs.ko
 3    2 0xc0778000 1adb8    linux.ko
 4    1 0xc0793000 2364     accf_http.ko
 5    1 0xc0796000 aa74     cpufreq.ko
 6    1 0xc07a1000 59a50    acpi.ko
 7    1 0xc4a7a000 3000     pflog.ko
 8    1 0xc4a7d000 2d000    pf.ko

I've checked my kernel configuration file and I do not have it there either.

What else should I check?