ssh via html

youshi10 at u.washington.edu youshi10 at u.washington.edu
Thu Mar 22 21:20:55 UTC 2007

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007, Alain G. Fabry wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 22, 2007 at 02:28:21PM +0100, Koen de Wijs wrote:
>
> Maybe this site will help
>
> http://www.netspace.org/ssh/
>

>> Hello,
>>
>> I want to login on my freebsd remotely by ssh.
>> I don't want to download putty every time I want to login in my compter
>> from a computer that isn't mine.
>> I would like a html website that makes a shell and do everything over ssl.
>>
>> Does anyone know a program/port that can help me?
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Koen de Wijs

This assumes that you aren't behind a proxy or firewall that blocks ssh traffic; I tried doing the same thing from work but that doesn't fly because our IT dept blocks that sort of traffic over security concerns.

For getting something to work completely in that case you might have to get a VPN / SSL / TLS tunnel setup to stream the connection..

-Garrett