portmanager or portupgrade?

n j nino80 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 12:19:41 UTC 2007

Hello,

first off, I'm looking for a ports upgrading solution on my box, not
trying to start a religious debate over which one is better. I'm
interested in hearing what other FreeBSD admins are using and, if
possible, why they prefer one over the other. I have some experience
with portupgrade only, but I see more and more people talk about
portmanager, so I thought it would be good to hear what others use.

On a related note, is portmaster comparable to the previous two?

Thanks,
--
Nino