Broken binary detection

Bram Schoenmakers bramschoenmakers at xs4all.nl
Wed Mar 21 09:33:15 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have tried Google, FBSD handbook and the archives in advance for the
following, but without luck.

I did a portmanager databases/phpmyadmin -f because installing it normally
(make install clean) resulted in errors. With portmanager, phpmyadmin is
successfully installed. However, portmanager upgraded libintl as well to a
newer version, which in turn broke fetchmail still referring to the old
libintl library. Question is: is there a way to detect broken binaries and
libraries?

As a Gentoo Linux user I know the command revdep-rebuild, which scans each
binary and library for broken dependencies and rebuilds the corresponding
packages then. Is there something similar for FreeBSD?

Thanks in advance,

--
Bram Schoenmakers

What is mind? No matter. What is matter? Never mind.
(Punch, 1855)