new port

Kevin Kinsey kdk at daleco.biz
Tue Mar 20 16:14:14 UTC 2007

Vince wrote:
> Richard Touret Binarysec wrote:
>> hello
>> we are an editor of security software, binarysec for apache which runs on
>> freebsd
>>
>> 1) can you reference us ?
>> 2) all your comments and trials are most welcome !!
>>
>> best regards
>>
> Before someone tells you off for spamming the list (emails that could be
> interpreted as commercial adverts aren't generally welcome here,) let me
> point you at
> http://www.freebsd.org/commercial/software_bycat.html
> This page tells you how to have your company/software referenced on that
> page.

Also, Richard, especially if it fills a need, works well, and has
BSD-compatible license terms.you may wish to talk to the "ports at freebsd.org"
mailing list; or, better yet, read the "Porter's Handbook" and see about getting
your software committed to the "Ports Collection", officially.  I believe
that most members of the FreeBSD community are pleased when commercial
entities decide to support our OS.

Kevin Kinsey
FreeBSD User
--
Captain Penny's Law:
	You can fool all of the people some of the time, and