libstdc++6 dependency?

Milan Knizek knizek at volny.cz
Sun Mar 18 20:17:24 UTC 2007

On Sunday 18 March 2007 20:39, Dan Nelson wrote:
> In the last episode (Mar 18), Milan Knizek said:
> > enblend-3.0 (program for seamless stitching of pre-aligned pictures,
> > supported by hugin) requires libstdc++6 for large file support.
>
> libstdc++ is a support library for gcc, and doesn't have anything to do
> with large files.

You are right, I mixed that with another requirement (..for 300Mpx and more,
enblend requires libtiff-devel with large file support and libstdc++6...)

> Are you trying to run a Linux binary, maybe?  If so, try installing the
> linux_base-fc4 port, which installs a
> /usr/compat/linux/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 file.

I googled a bit and found that gcc-4.1 has this version of library (it is part
of the ports, so I may try to link with it).

Thanks,
Milan

--
Milan Knížek