Flash with Firefox 2

Rob Gallagher rob at no-jutsu.net
Fri Mar 16 10:38:50 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 12:08:49AM -0700, Jay Chandler wrote:

> Anyone have a link or an explanation of how to get the Flash plugin
> working within Firefox?  I've gotten Java up already, but Flash
> continues to elude me...

It *used* to work with firefox and libmap. However this is no longer
possible, I think it's due to some licensing restrictions - mabye other
technical issues I'm not sure.

Flash will work natively with recent versions of Opera however, via the
opera-linuxplugins port. Probably not much use if you want to stick with
firefox though.

> --
> Jay Chandler
> Network Administrator